Thursday, August 29, 2013

Throwback Thursday: A Walk Down Musical Memory Lane

      Last week when I got in the truck to go to work, my mom had a musical 'treat for me.' I opened the door a sweet melody filled my ears. As the chords of the chorus hit my ear drums I  immediately became 10 years old again.
      I'm standing in the living room of our apartment in Las Vegas, I had just gotten home from school. The TV is on and my sister and aunt are in the room with me. We're watching TRL and the handsomest man I've ever layed my eyes on is on an iron bed. He's in a white tanktop and his blonde hair and blue eyes are lighting up the screen as he pours his heart out in song with his 4 best friends.

      If you are a 90's kid or older, (meaning you GREW UP in the 90s and were born before 1993) then you know EXACTLY who I'm talking about. None other than the BEST BOY BAND EVER, N'SYNC! The blondie in question is of course Mr. Justin Timberlake and the song is Tearin' Up My Heart.

      The whole ride to work my mom and I jammed out to the first N'SYNC album. I was surprised that, song after song I still knew all the words to the songs. Even the ones I didn't like. She bought it the day before at a thrift store for $1. I'm not going to lie, it made me a little sad that the soundtrack to my adolescents has a price tag of only one dollar.

      Thankfully, she got the album when she did though, because since the VMA's this past Sunday N'SYNC album sales have gone up drastically and so has the price of their albums. I don't have cable, so I watched their performace on YouTube the day after and my only criticism on their performance is that it WASN'T LONG ENOUGH! Come on guys, I have been waiting for this moment since you announced that you were 'taking a break.' I think it's time for the break to be over. I think it's now time for N'SYNC to make a comeback tour and show those Backstreet Girls-I-mean-Boys who the true boyband champs are.

      Who else wants to see N'SYNC come out with new music and tour the US again?

No comments:

Post a Comment