Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Ins and Outs of 24

      Since today is the eve of my 25th (YIKES!) Birthday, I thought I'd make today's post about the Ins and Outs of 24.

Ins
Moving into my own apartment
Doing it on my own!
Having Joey (my 6 year old dachshund) move in with me
Finding who my real friends are
Getting the poison out of my life
Family
Real men
Starting my blog
Decorating
Books about distopian societies
Working
Buying my first car

Outs
Being used and taken advantage of
Toxic relationships
Bills
Budgeting (I hate it and am terrible at it!)
Cooking and Cleaning (at least it's in MY apartment!)
Joey's whining when I won't let him on the bed
Joey peeing on my floor (This is YOUR house too, no need to 'mark your territory')
Decorating (See why, here)
Still not having drivers license

      Twelve Ins, Nine Outs. Sure, there were other ins and outs that happened in my life. 24 was probably the most eventful year I've had. It was one of best in many ways and one of the worst in a few as well. Overall, having more ins than outs makes 24 a success for me.

      Something you may or may not know about me (especailly if you don't know me :] ) is that I DREAD my birthday every year. I hate my birthday, and no not because it's the anniversary of 9/11 but because getting older causes me so much anxiety.

      Also, as I get older, I never know how to answer the question 'what do you want for your birthday?' This year I told my mom, 'Money. I have too many bills.' Her response? 'That's nice, that's why you have a job.' She knows how practical I am with things, but she would rather buy me something that I want. That's the problem though, I don't know what I want! I'm just too indecisive with everything in my life.

      Please tell me I am not the only one who feels this way.

XoXo,
Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment