Tuesday, August 27, 2013

The Great Coffee Table Hunt

      I have finally made a decision on a piece of furniture for my living room. A coffee table. Maybe at some point I will get the ottoman that matches my sectional, but for now, ain't nobody got time for that! Now comes the real problem with deciding on the furniture piece.... Which coffee table do I want?

      For most people deciding on a piece of furniture probably isn't that difficult. Walk into the store, say I like this one, put it in their cart, pay for and walk out. Or add it to their online cart and checkout. But for me, I research and research and research. I have narrowed it down to these 3 coffee tables from Target.com.



      I have ALWAYS loved the mirrored furniture that everyone on YouTube seems to have. I have been lusting after it ever since Elle and Blair showcased their furniture from Pier 1's Hayworth collection. Target has a much more affordable mirrored furniture collection. I love the idea of having a mirrored coffee table, especially since my apartment isn't that big and mirrors give the illusion of depth. And because it's basically a large mirror.


      Then there's the Pacific Cocktail Table, I love that it has drawers and a glass top. I can put my remotes and coasters in the drawers when not in use and even a coloring book and crayons. My only issue with the table is that you can see right through the glass top and into the drawers, so you would be able to see my remotes, coaster, crayons, random cords, dog toys, and whatever else would randomly get put in there. I don't like that at all.



      Finally there's the Carson Coffee Table. It has a very clean and open look and feel to it. It also matches the bookcase I've been thinking about purchasing for my TV stand if I go the bookcase route instead of a traditional TV stand. The fact that it does have that it is an open design and is white, is very appealing because of the size of my living room.



      I'm not sure which of the 3 I'm going to choose, but by writing my thoughts out, I think I've decided that it's between the mirrored and Carson tables. I paired them with their respective end tables to see how each set looks together, because chances are very high that after I choose the coffee table, the end table hunt will ensue.

      Which living room table set do you prefer?

xoxo,
Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment