Thursday, January 9, 2014

Living Clean in Twenty Fourteen

Hey you guys! I hope you're all having a great start to the new year! My New Years Eve was spent at work till 7 PM and then when I got home, it was just me and my little fur baby. I made tilapia and homemade parmesan, garlic, herb potato wedges. And then we laid on the sofa and watched Dick Clark's New Years Rocking Eve. And at 12:15 AM, I went to bed.

I didn't make any New Years Resolutions this year, I never really do. But I decided that I DO want to make a few for this year. However, I'm not going to call them "New Years Resolutions" because that's not what they are. Instead, I'm going to them 'Lifestyle Changes' because that's what they are.

I want to be healthier.

Yes, I know 'being healthy' is a vague term but I have defined it for myself. I am actually excited to get started on this new path for my life. I am so over being tired all the time and unhappy and feeling terrible after I eat. So here are the changes that I am going to be making to improve my quality of life:

1. Clean Eating
What is limiting my intake of white and increasing the brown. So trading white rice for brown rice, white bread for whole wheat bread, white pasta for whole wheat or brown rice pasta. I am also going to be majorly reducing my intake of processed foods and increasing fresh colorful foods. So fresh or frozen fruits and veggies lean meats. I'm not going to say that I can never have something. Unless it's pork and pineapple. Since I'm allergic to both. If I want to eat a pack of Ho Hos, then I'll eat them. but I'm not going to have them every day. It's called eating in moderation. And I plan on stocking up on so many fruits and veggies that I won't want Ho Hos because the fruits and veggies are filling and satisfying. One thing I will never not want though, is Pizza. Because pizza is delicious and no sane person would say no to pizza. 

2. Exercising
I really want to get in shape. I don't need to lose a lot of weight, I just need to turn the fat cells into muscle cells. I want to start going to the gym. I'm also going to start doing yoga. I joined a DietBet this month to help kick start my workout plan! 

3. Clean Cleaning Products
Which means, no harsh chemicals in my cleaning products. I have a dachshund and I don't want to use toxic products where he goes. so i will be find alternatives to my favorite products. I love my Pinesol and bleach, but they're toxic. So I am looking for their replacements. 

4. Cleaning Out My Life
Physically, mentally and emotionally.

Physically
All of the clothes I don't wear, don't like, don't want
All of the receipts I've saved for no reason
Any item that serves no purpose
Any item that does not add value or beauty
Only keeping items that are useful and used

Mentally/Emotionally
All of the thoughts and feelings that only weigh me down.
Positive thinking only (...or mostly)
Not focusing on the negative. 

I could write a whole blog post on each area of my life that I want to improve (and probably will). I am just really excited to get started on this journey and stage in my life and I'm happy to be bringing you all along for the ride.

Do you have any New Years Resolutions or Lifestyle Changes you're making this year? Let me know in the comments! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment