Monday, August 4, 2014

5 Minute Junk Drawer Organization

Hey you guys! One day in April, I was trying to pull the tin foil out of my drawer and I had to DIG to the bottom of the drawer to get to it. At that moment, I decided... No more. This drawer is getting cleaned out, NOW. I am usually an organized person, but every once in a while things get out of whack. Especially for this drawer.  When the weekly ads came in, they'd go in this drawer until I had a chance to look at them. Well, out of sight, out of mind. They'd go in the drawer, never to really be looked at. Along with coupons, letters, ect. Don't believe me? Here's what it looked like, before:




So the first thing that I did was take EVERYTHING out of the drawer and cleaned it was paper towels and pinesol (It smells soooooo good!!).  As I took everything out I made a decision on it; Keep, Trash, or relocate.



After the drawer was clean and dry, I started putting everything from the 'keep' pile back in. Everything had a place it everything was MUCH easier to find now.




The drawer looked like this until the day I moved out. Weekly ads and mail were no longer placed in here. If I need a tooth pick, it wasn't like trying to find a needle in a haystack! So great! And do you want to know the BEST part about this?  It took me FIVE minutes to do, from start to finish (10 if you include the five minutes to wait for the drawer to be completely dry) So honestly, the excuse of 'it takes too long' is null in void.

Have you done any organizing projects recently? I would love to see! Post a picture on twitter or instagram and tag me in it! @meggerz88 for both! Use #OrganizingWithMeg

Or if you don't have a twitter or instagram, just tell me about it in the comments below. I'm not sure if you can post a picture in the comments, but if you can.. you should do that :)

No comments:

Post a Comment