Monday, January 13, 2014

Makeup Cleanout!

Hey you guys! If you've been following my blog this month, you know that one of my main goals for 2014 is to be healthier by living clean. Every week I will be working towards this goal little by little. Not only will I be physically cleaning my life, but also mentally, emotionally and spiritually. I'm getting rid of all the crap in my life!

Today, I worked on a physical goal. I cleaned out my Makeup Collection. (GASP!!) I don't have much makeup, but I had noticed that I had makeup in my drawers that I wasn't using or even worse, that I had used up and the empty container was just chillin' there. Oh heck no!

So, I grabbed a plastic grocery bag, walked into my beauty closet and opened the first drawer. The Face Drawer. I went through every item in there. If it was broken, empty, been replaced, wasn't being used and wasn't going to be used, it went into the bag. I also swatched the concealers

Then I moved to the next drawer. The Eye Drawer. I swatched EVERY eye liner, brow pencil, mascara, glitter liner and eyeshadow. I got rid of 5, yes FIVE dried up mascara tubes. Some I hadn't touched or used in well over a year. Except to move it into my apartment. Along with those went a few eyeshadows and glitter liners. at this point my hands and arms looked like I had been assaulted by a cosmetic counter.

I washed my hands and moved onto the final drawer. The Lip Drawer. I again swatched everything! Every lipstick, lip gloss and lip balm had a streak on my arm or hand. Some products I hesitated on. I put those in a group together and if I don't wear them in the next 2 months, they're out. Other products, I didn't really need to question where it belonged. For example, the brown lip balm. I have no idea why I own owned a brown lip balm, but it's in the trash now.

It felt SOOOO great to clean those drawers out. I just have to go through and actually clean the drawers and it will be good as new. My makeup collection is VERY small in comparison to the larger beauty girls on YouTube ( Elle and Blair Fowler - AllThatGlitters21 and JuicyStar07, Bethany Mota - MacBarbie07, Megan Kroh - Cioobelllaxo, Michelle Phan - MichellePhan and Andrea Brooks - AndreasChoice) but it still felt good to get rid of those products that were taking up space in my life for no reason.

Now, here's my challenge to you guys:

Go through your makeup collection and throw at least ONE thing away. Just one. Maybe it's an old mascara or it could be a lip gloss you no longer use. Just throw it out. You will feel so much better with not having that ONE useless thing taking up space in your makeup collection. It also gives you a reason to buy a new makeup product to replace it! ;) THEN, leave in the comments below what you're getting rid of you you can take a picture and tweet it or instagram it. Use #Clean2014WithMeg

I look forward to seeing/hearing about what you're getting rid of!

XoXo,
Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment