Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Food Poisoning Sucks!

Hey you guys!

       On Tuesdays, I'm going to bringing you tip and tricks and other 'T' words! Today, is Tip Tuesday!

       Today's Tip is about.... Carrots. (did you think it was going to be a 'T' word?) Organic carrots to be more specific. Last Thursday, I brought some carrots in my lunch. After lunch, I felt fine. And as the afternoon progressed.. everything seemed normal.

       Well then as we were sitting in the car waiting for a co-worker to come out, my stomach started hurting, my head started throbbing and I could barely keep my eyes open. By the time I got home I thought I was going to collapse. I took Joey out and then came back in and laid on the sofa and turned on the T.V. (No matter how sick I feel, nothing is going to get in between Grey's Anatomy and me!)

       Half-way through, I decided.. 'I should probably eat something' so I put a chicken breast in a pan on medium low, with some Italian spices and a pot of water on the front burner because I wanted stuffing as well. The smell of the food made my stomach scream in pain. When Grey's was over my food was still cooking and I started to doze while watching Scandal. But I woke myself up and walked in a stooper to the kitchen, finished the stuffing and put half the chicken breast, and a few spoonfulls of stuffing on the plate. I went to take a bite of the stuffing but my stomach was like 'Don't even think about it!'

       So into the microwave it went and into bed, Joey and I went. At 2 AM, I woke up and it hit me... "FOOD POISONING" (apparently real food poisoning puts you in the hospital -according to the boyfriend-) The only thing that I can possibly think of that would have made me sick was those stinking organic carrots. When I woke

       Now most people would have called in sick. I'm not most people. I pulled myself together and went to work (and worked overtime). Over the course of the entire day, I "babied" a Gatorade and 1 and a half 100 calorie pouches of pretzels. Of course, since I came into work instead of staying home and sleeping and getting better, Saturday I was down for most of the day. I barely ate anything all weekend and I'm still a little queezie today even.

       So all in all, the moral of this story is..... Unless you are going to eat your organic carrots tomorrow... DON'T buy them! Granted, the carrots I had we're a few weeks old, but still. I will not be eating a carrot for a while. I even the thought hurts my stomach right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment